AMPA Dispute Resolution
The AMPA has established basic guidelines to ensure the ethical treatment for all pigs. Members of AMPA have agreed to follow these guidelines for the welfare and benefit of the pigs, and out of respect to potential buyers and adopters.
Questions about membership and compliance with the codes of ethics are occasionally going to occur. For this reason, the AMPA has established an Ethics Committee.
The Ethics Committee will, within the scope of the AMPA bi-laws, review, investigate, and rule on any questionable application or any complaint brought against an AMPA member.
a. All applications will be reviewed for completeness. An incomplete application will be returned to the applicant. Any application that is without membership dues will be returned to the applicant.
b. The Board of Directors may review any application. If the application is questionable, it may be referred to the Ethics Committee. The Ethics Committee will review the application within 30 days of referral by the Board of Directors. The Ethics Committee will review, investigate, and conduct a majority vote on the application and submit the findings to the Board of Directors within 60 days.
c. If the application is denied, the membership fee will be returned to the applicant within 20 days of the denial.
d. Applicants denied membership shall be reconsidered only after 6 months has elapsed, and the problems have been fixed.
a. Breeders will be held to the standards set forth by the Code of Ethics for Breeders and the AMPA bi-laws
b. Rescues will be held to the standards set forth by the Code of Ethics for Rescues and the AMPA bi-laws
c. Owners will be held to the standards set forth by the Code of Ethics for Owners and the AMPA bi-laws
3. Disputes – In any organization, disagreements and disputes are bound to arise.
a. Procedure for handling disputes:
1. A member must prefer charges, in writing, against another member. Charges may include the alleged misconduct against the AMPA or the alleged misconduct against the appropriate code of ethics
2. The written charges (mailed and e-mailed to the AMPA) must include a $25 processing fee (which will be returned if the complaint is found to be valid).
3. The Board of Directors will decide (by majority vote) on the merit of the complaint. If not dismissed because of obvious lack of merit, it will be referred to the Ethics Committee for investigation within 30 days of receipt of complaint.
4. The Ethics Committee will investigate the complaint.
5. If, after investigation, merit is found, the Ethics Committee will establish a hearing date within 30 days of receiving the complaint from the Board of Directors. The Secretary will send a copy of the charges to the involved member via registered mail with notice of the hearing.
6. Complaints will be publicly anonymous.
b. The hearing
1. The Secretary will send a copy of the charges to the involved member via registered mail with notice of the hearing.
2. Charged members can testify and bring witnesses.
3. The Ethics Committee and the Board of Directors will determine if counsel may be present – the same ruling will apply to both parties.
4. Hearing will be held via e-mail, teleconference, or video conference.
5. If charges are found to be true, a majority vote of the Board of Directors will be held to decide on discipline.
1. If charges are found to be true, a majority vote of the Board of Directors will be held to decide on discipline
2. Board of Directors may decide to suspend membership for 6 months from the date of the hearing
3. Board of Directors may decide on expulsion of the member
4. Written notification by the Board of Directors will be given to the Secretary.
5. The Secretary will provide a written ruling to both parties.
6. Decisions by the Board of Directors are final and not subject to appeal
To file a dispute with the American Mini Pig Association please fill out the form as accurately as possible. The Association will review all the information to determine if the dispute is valid in accordance with the dispute resolution guidelines. Disputes should be completed below on our online form and by mail with a fee of $25.00. Please complete form and submit payment. If payment is not received this can delay dispute. If the dispute is determined to be valid the $25.00 fee shall be reimbursed.
Dispute by mail please submit the above information and mail to:
PO Box 735
Aurora, MO 65605