Spin the Bottle
DIY Pig Treat DispensingToy
Photos provided by Andrea Francesconi
Every pig needs mental stimulation and enrichment in their life. This easy DIY pig treat dispensing toy is a great way to keep them busy with a challenge!
Here’s some tips for constructing your Spin the Bottle:
- Make the base wider than you think necessary
- Make sure there’s clearance for your bottles to spin completey
- 2 Liter bottles may be too flimsy for pigs, try Simply Orange bottles
- Bottles need to be replaced periodically, make your bar removable
- Search google images for ideas from simple to extravagent!
- Use different bottles for different treats. Chopped veggies or cheerios will need larger holes than pellets, Sharp’s Mini Pig Food Pumpkin Treat, rolled oats, or AMPA Mini Pig Trail Mix
Andrea Francesconi was kind enough to share her images and tips with us. Geno the 2 year old mini pig in Maryland is a wonderful model!
The AMPA’s official Mini Pig Training Handbook: Tricks, Life Skills, and Communication With Your Mini Pig is the first training book of it’s kind! An impressive 130 pages full of training instruction, behavior, communication, problem solving, aggression, tricks, manners, and FULL COLOR or B & W photos to help you visualize the wonderful companion that is within your reach.
One of the keys to a long and successful relationship with your mini pig is training and enrichment. Pigs are incredibly intelligent animals. Highly trainable and they thrive when their minds are stimulated and challenged. A well trained pig is a happy pig. Every time you train with your mini pig, you are improving your communication and strengthening your bond. Training teaches your mini pig the skills she needs to be a well behaved member of the family. Training also gives her the tools she needs to communicate with you.
Basic Life Skills ♦ Harness and Leash ♦ Potty Training ♦ Fun Tricks Obstacle Course ♦ Teaching Respect ♦ Enrichment Activities
Tricks, Life Skills, and Communication
With Your Mini Pig
The AMPA Cookbook is filled with 53 pages of creative and delicious recipes featuring Sukoshi Buta & Friends from Pigxel Art . Feed your pig a healthier diet, and have fun while doing it! Recipes include one ingredient treats, no-bake treats, cookies, birthday cakes, breakfast, lunch, dinner, a natural diet guide, a fodder/sprouting guide, bug repellants, first aid, skin care, urine cleanup, and more! Add on the accessory bundle for extra fun.