By Cathy Zolicani updated on 03/01/15
Weight loss involves proper feeding and proper movement.
How much to feed:
Determine what your pig SHOULD weigh (this is, of course, an estimate). So, if your pig weighs 200 pounds, but should weigh 150 pounds, you should feed him a 150 pound diet. For correct nutritional balance, your pig should eat 1% – 2% of his IDEAL weight per day. Get a scale for the food, you will need to weigh it. So for our IDEAL 150 pound pig:
150 X 0.02 = 3 pounds of food total per day.
150 X 0.01 = 1.5 pounds of food total per day.
If you do not have a scale, remember that a cup is 8 oz, or ½ pound. (3 pounds per day = 2 cups
x 3 = 6cups) (1.5 pounds per day = 2 cups x 1.5 = 3 cups).
So our 150 pound pig should ideally eat no more than 3 – 6 cups of food per day total.
Start at 1% of your pigs IDEAL weight per day. If your pig is not losing some every week, then
reduce the amount to 1% of his IDEAL weight per day.
|Ideal weight||1% of weight (pounds)||1% of weight (cups)(approx.)||2% of weight (pounds)||2% of weight (cups) (approx.)|
1 cup approximates 8 oz or ½ pound. 2 cups approximates 16 oz or 1 pound.
It would be better to get a scale and actually weigh the food.
What to feed: ½ pellets and ½ fresh leafy vegetables
For our example pig:
1.5 -3 cups of an elder or low activity pelleted food.
1.5 -3 cups of fresh food – heavy on green leafy veggies. Light on fruit.
- If you feed treats to your pigs, make sure these are included in his 3 – 6 cups per day.
- It is better to feed several small meals per day than 1 or 2 large meals per day.
How to make him move:
- Do not feed from a bowl – spread his food out so he has to hunt for it and walk to it.
- Use a treat ball or other device to feed so that he has to move.
- Walk your pig for short walks several times per day.
- Make him walk about a bit to get treats.
A little movement will go a long way.
- A multivitamin once a day
- A selenium/vitamin e supplement at least once a week, use a horse feed supplement that can be obtained at a feed store. Feed1 tablespoonful once a week.
- A 400 iu (= approx. 260 mg) vitamin E capsule once a day.
- A 500 mg vitamin c capsule once a day.
- Make sure your pig gets 15 minutes of sunlight per day (or 15 minutes in front of an SAD lamp).
Una prueba del nivel de PSA, una ecografía transrectal y una biopsia apotekplus24 transrectal con aguja para ver si el tumor apotekplus24 está creciendo. Cuando el tumor empieza a crecer, se prescribe un tratamiento.